.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Fashion Weak

Fashion Week is in full swing and New York has now been flooded with more models than you can shake a pretzel stick at. Unfortunately, with them come a lot of self-aggrandizing bastards. Thankfully I haven't run into any of them yet, aside from the one I see in the mirror every morning.

I basically curse Fashion Week everytime it comes around because it's just a constant reminder of how much of a slacker I am when it comes to going to these shows. Every day and every night there's something going on and I drop the ball every season. This lame social fatigue comes over me and I just shrink into the background.

Fashion Week also exacerbates the fact that I put little to no effort into how I dress. If it takes me more than 10 seconds to figure out what I'm wearing -- based on a combination of what's clean, what's comfortable, and the weather -- then I'm just like "whatever" and head out anyway. My desire to be creative with my wardrobe has lessened more and more over time. Besides, when I go out I usually am forced to get by on my sparkling personality only, which is also ebbing.

So can someone please just send me free clothes so I don't have to think or dress myself? That'd be great. Thanks.

[Note: I just want to point out that that is NOT me in the heinous picture. I never include pens with that outfit.]

5 Comments:

  • "If it takes me more than 10 seconds to figure out what I'm wearing then I'm just like 'whatever' and head out anyway." Dimentsia.

    By Anonymous Your Mother's Stretched Out Axe Wound, at 9/12/2005 1:21 PM  

  • "[Note: I just want to point out that that is NOT me in the heinous picture. I never include pens with that outfit.]"

    Yes it is too, you.

    By Anonymous Sweet Blood fart, at 9/12/2005 1:23 PM  

  • its easy to get in to those shows, i've used the "House of Field" magic phrase a few times with great success. And that also excuses your own wardrobe choices.

    By Blogger mrSKINNY, at 9/12/2005 3:08 PM  

  • ps: i think the "house of field" is now defunct. better reason to milk that mother!!

    By Blogger mrSKINNY, at 9/12/2005 3:09 PM  

  • Ok, well it was actually Patricia Field's after party :) So I don't think that would work. It was insanely crowded outside and I just wasn't in the mood.

    Plus, there's some gaysian working at Hotel Venus and you know we'd just end up butting heads and then he'd be laying in a ditch somewhere, stabbed to death by his own stiletto heel.

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 9/12/2005 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home