.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Saturday, October 08, 2005

What Would Jesus Do?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Crazy is as George W. Bush does.

A BBC press release reveals that Bush claims that God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq. Does anything this man says make sense?

I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.

I'm sorry, but wasn't it proven at some point in time that only crazies hear voices from God? Can someone please throw this man in an asylum? Seriously, Clinton almost got impeached for getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office; this man launches two wars based not on sound intelligence, but rather from a voice in his head that he thinks is God? And he's still in office? And he was RE-elected??

Kids, Democracy's broken. Run for cover. Apparently it's turned DemoCRAZY.

How and why do people let this man get away with such insanity? The supposed "leader of the free world" shouldn't govern with any religious affiliations, particularly if he is governing from a nation that absolutely does not (or rather, should not) have any religious affiliation. This is not a nation of Christians, so the "God" that is speaking to him is not the same "God" that is speaking to others in his constituency. As President of the United States of America, the only "God" that Bush should be listening to is the collective voice of the American people. Yet somehow, that's the only voice he isn't listening to.

I may be a bit prejudiced, but I've always found that weak men (or women) turn blindly to religion and follow its every word to the letter. Only after traumatic incidences do people seek God and give themselves over to him (or her.. or it). Making the inference that Bush is a weak man is nothing shocking, I'm sure. But, he was somehow elected by a populous of seemingly weak-minded people. Why else would people tolerate such incompetence without seeking action against it?

Unfortunately, what I think we are ultimately going to witness is the downfall of America's dominance over the globe, due in no small part, to one egregious dumb-ass, Mr. George W. Bush.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home