.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Reasons To Love Rent

I just got back from a pre-screen of Rent and I thought it was absolutely amazing! So I highly recommend that everyone who liked the musical go out and see the movie. I think all the actors actually sang their parts, which I think is amazing considering there were (as far as I know) some non-broadway cast members in the movie.

Rosario Dawson was amazing and completely hot in the movie. Yumm. I wish I had a chance to meet her when she was in town.

Oddly enough, Anthony Rapp actually recognized me when I went up to say hello. That's just an astounding thing to me given the fact that I've met him only once before for a total of five seconds -- the time it takes to be introduced by someone and shake a hand -- at a party at least three months ago. So wow.

At any rate, I thought the movie was a great "big screen" version of the musical. I haven't seen Chicago the movie, so I can't really compare those two versions, but I definitely think the Rent movie was somewhat different and more vivid in certain ways. Definitely check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home