.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Saturday, December 17, 2005

4am-Style

It's true -- the craziest fucking people come out at night. As I walked home last night, I cut through Penn Station to avoid the bitter fags -- I mean, cold.

Being in Penn Station at 4am is reason enough to pop an SSRI (eg, Prozac) because everyone there is just waiting around for the first 6am train to take them back to New Jersey or Long Island. Ick.

Apparently there's a 24-hour Starbucks there, to serve this customer base. I stopped by to get a hot apple cider and a biscotti -- I was hungry!

There was a crazy pseudo-homeless person (I'm not sure if it was homeless or just poor) standing in line to order coffee. I couldn't tell whether it was a man or a woman. It had a mustache, but looked like a woman. I'll just refer to the person as It: gender, To Be Determined.

So It was standing in line, but reading the Charlie Brown Christmas CD with the ferocity of a 3rd grader. It was the most bizzare thing, It would pick up the CD and lean back... then lean back some more... as if that would make it easier to read. Obviously, I don't even think It could read at all, so the whole thing was just a charade. I thought It was trying to steal the CD. Shady behavior, that. But yeah, It was reading everything, from the Charlie Brown CD to the "Caution: Wet Floor" triangle. Very strange.

Unfortunately, the whole transaction took longer than I'd wanted because I was able to witness this whole asylum-esque behavior take place. But it/It was amusing nonetheless.

I can't wait for my next late-night run in with a loony bin escapee. Bring it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home