.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Friendster-ometer

Friendster is quickly becoming a dysfunctional relationship barometer. In particular, I'm talking about the "Relationship Status" indicator part of the profile.

I recently found out this boy I have a pseudo-interest in dating is now "seeing" someone at the moment. It's not really heart-crushing since he lives in a complete different state than I do: Sobriety. I jest. But nevertheless, it's a bit sad. I was looking forward to "hanging out" with him at home during Christmas. He recently changed his Friendster "Relationship Status" from "Single" to "It's Complicated". How apropos.

I think it would be the funniest thing (in a sick way) to break up with someone through Friendster. Not by messaging them, but through changing your status from "In a Relationship" to "Single". That would be the only communication. Eventually your not-as-significant other would catch on. I wish I could be there to see the expression on that person's face. Priceless, MasterCard. Priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home