.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Homophobia's Hatchet Hits Home

I find it hard to believe that there are actually still people out there who are so crazed and homophobic that they actually resort to violence against innocent people simply because of their sexual orientation.

An 18 year old boy, Jacob D. Robida, in New Bedford, MA allegedly took a hatchet and a gun to three guys at a gay bar. Apparently he hit one guy on the head with the hatchet, then shot him and another guy in the face (yes, in the FACE!) with a gun. Yet another guy was shot in the abdomen.

Does shit like that really happen?? I mean, I guess so, but jesus christ! I never would have expected something like that either now or along the east coast. It's just mind-boggling.

I'd be curious to understand what possessed this boy to go ape shit on people at a gay bar. More importantly, I'm curious to learn of any reaction that the local or national press or community has. It's such a gruesome crime, but I'll bet that it is all forgotten by tomorrow. Let's hope not, though.

1 Comments:

  • Jesus....and it only gets worse

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/04/robida.arrest/

    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/05/robida/index.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/06/2006 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home