.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Release!!!

Last night was the soft opening party for Release, Chelsea's newest gay bar addition -- because there just aren't enough gay bars in Chelsea! It's in the space where Suede used to live and it's just as narrow as I remember it from before.

The party was pretty fun. Three hours of open bar can't be all that bad. Although, one of the bartenders totally jacked $20 from me! I gave him a 20 obviously for change to tip him, and he assumed it was his tip. That's a pretty big assumption!! I was too spaced out to even care and just chalked it up to paying it forward. So naturally, when I went back to order another drink -- just a coke! -- I assumed he'd just give it to me even though it wasn't part of the 'open bar'. Nope!! What kind of asinine madness is that!?! I can't even think about it anymore. It makes me sad.

Amazingly, I got to meet some new people -- which shocked me since I figured it'd be the same cast of characters that go to all of these things. But sadly, I'm beginning to recognize fewer and fewer people. I take it as an indication that I'm quickly becoming out of the loop -- a dinosaur. That makes me sad.

At least there were gift bags, which were kinda 'meh', but I'm ALL about the 'Forever 90s' CD that was included. Why? Because I'm a dork and am going to listen to Natalie Imbruglia's 'Torn' over and over until my ears bleed.

The only other good thing I got was a VIP card, which I can only assume means I don't have to pay to get in and hopefully won't have to stand in line, either. I wish it got me my fuckin' $20 tip back!!! I'll just add it to the stack with the rest of 'em.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home