.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New York Parties: Hit or Miss

The great thing about New York is that there's a party (ie, special event) every night of the week. The bad thing is that it's really difficult to tell what's going to be good and what's going to suck.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been invited to parties that I thought would be amazing and turned out to be duds, and parties where I thought I was going to stay for about 15 minutes, grab my giftbag and then leave only to find out that it's actually a good party.

Last night was one of the better parties. It was actually one of the more pleasantly surprising ones. It was the opening of the Longchamp boutique in Soho. I say "boutique" as if the store is tiny, but it's fairly expansive.

Given my low expectations and honestly not knowing anything about Longchamp, I show up (late, of course -- I'm incapable of being on time) only to find out that everyone's dressed to the nines... and I'm basically dressed to the twos, or something pretty bad like that. Oh well.

In any case, it was a fun party, attended by Lucy Liu, Lenny Kravitz, Maggie Gyllenhal, Eva Mendes, Susan Sarandon and some other people ... and of course the regular staple of gay scene queens -- Amanda Lepore and Patrick McDonald. But more importantly, I actually met some fun people and bumped into a friend, surprisingly.

The gift bag wasn't all that great, but I assume what was in it was expensive. I don't know what I'll do with it other than put it on a shelf.

But all in all, a good night. As far as New York parties go, this was a hit. Though, for some reason Page Six didn't pick it up. For shame!!!

2 Comments:

  • i like Longchamp... did you get an actual Longchamp bag, or a bag with Longchamp stuff in it?

    By Blogger Nathasha, at 5/28/2006 1:17 PM  

  • They gave the men a Longchamp bracelet or something. It's leather ... looks like a leash for a ferret. Whatevs.

    If you want a discount, i'm sure I could hook you up

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 5/28/2006 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home