.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Umm, McFly??

OK, sometimes I'm just straight up stoopid and say ridiculously embarassing things. This should come as no surprise.

Lately I've been obsessed with this Prince song. Essentially, I'm running around listening to it on my iPod and telling people things like "I LOVE the new Prince song! It's so much fun!" Then I'll even say shit like "I think it's a song from Musicology!" Yeah, this has been going on for at least five days. Lemme just tell you that there are a couple things wrong. First of all, after some Googling, it seems that Musicology is not Prince's most recent album. Whoops! Secondly, the song I like, "I Wanna Be Your Lover" was originally on the album titled Prince, which came out in 1979. 19-fuckin-79!!!!!! Shit's not new!!! It's as old as I am!!!!

Thankfully, though, I'm not the only one who seems to be misinformed and acting on it.

My friend just told me a story about how she was trying to buy a saltwater fish for her friend's aquarium. She knew the type of fish she wanted, the same kind in Finding Nemo: a Dory fish. So she goes with another friend to the fish store and is like "Hi, I'm trying to get a Dory fish" and eventually finds the tank with the type of fish she wants. When she speaks with the salesperson, she reasserts her desire for a Dory fish, yet isn't sure how much one would cost since the labels of prices on the fish tank don't include 'Dory Fish'. Her friend, who also apparently knows jack shit about fish, is equally as confused, since there's only one type of fish in the tank.

It's a good while before the salesperson, who probably can't restrain his laughter, enlightens them. The reason why there isn't a price tag for the Dory fish is because there's no such thing as a Dory fish. The fish they want is a motherfuckin-Tang! Dory was the name of the tang fish in the stupid Finding Nemo movie! It's not the name of the type of fish!!

So I take a little bit of solace in knowing that I'm not the only one running around saying stupid shit. At least my friends are doing the same retarded shit, too!

2 Comments:

  • uhm, while you're running around saying stupid shit I'm running around saying stupid shit about you...does that make me stupid times two?

    By Blogger Adrian L. Acosta, at 8/22/2006 4:11 PM  

  • Eww, what stupid shit are you saying about me??

    I think that makes ME stupid times two, not you. Grrr :(

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 8/22/2006 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home