.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Monday, September 11, 2006

A Comedic Tragedy

Seems like there's a trend of people posting shit on Craigslist just for the fun of it, to see who will respond. My friend is trying to see Faust at the Met this October, but tickets are expensive and he can't really afford to see it. We actually had a mildl amusing conversation about it. Well, I tried to make it as gay, and therefore as amusing, as possible:

Him (10:13:04 PM): Ok, I need a sugardaddy for like 1 night.
Me (10:13:13 PM): haha, y?
Him (10:13:26 PM): I want to go see Faust @ the Met.
Me (10:13:39 PM): you're too funny
Me (10:13:58 PM): how much are the tickets?
Him (10:14:25 PM): $325.
Him (10:14:30 PM): for orchestra.
Me (10:14:42 PM): god damn!!
Me (10:15:06 PM): child! you could see Madonna for that much money!
Him (10:15:13 PM): Ugh.

So then he goes ahead and posts an ad on Craigslist, which I thought was completely hilarious. Honestly, the funniest part is that it's titled "No Penny Opera". Ok, well it's hilarious to me!

No Penny Opera - 25
Reply to: pers-206096134@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-09-11, 10:58PM EDT


Dear Random Stranger...

I have a thing for the opera. There is nothing I would like to do more than to go see Faust on October 3rd. However, short of selling a kidney or taking out a loan application, there's no possible way I'm going to be able to afford it.


If you would like to go see Faust, and furthermore, would like to see it with a witty, effervescent, tall, handsome guy and are in the position to treat, by all means reply post haste! We'll be our own kind of opera...


Me: Faust of Financial Fruitlessness.
You: Mephistopheles of Materialism.

The stage is set and so is the date. Will I be going with you?

-A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home