.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Flickr Stalkr

Lately, more than one person I know has sent me a link to their flickr profile, so I figured I'd take a second look on there to see what the big fucking deal was about. Until now I'd avoiding creating an account because I just didn't care. But now I have one. I've joined the masses. Yay!! I LOVE being a late adopter.

I was browsing through a friend's flickr account yesterday, which then led me to someone else's flickr account where I then saw a picture of a friend of mine. It was taken on the street while he was strolling along. So I emailed my friend, asking him if he knew the guy. He didn't. Creeeepy!! It's a scary thought that people are just out on the streets taking pictures of you while you're not paying attention, then posting them on the internet.

Thank GOD I'm ugly! It minimizes my stalkability.

2 Comments:

  • Like you said in your Privacy Much post, people put so much out there voluntarily that its pointless to TRY to stalk anyone. A little idle time on Google, MySpace and any combination of the hookup sites will yield more than anyone should know.

    As for me. I dont know if I would be scared or laughing my ass of if I found out someone was stalking me. I think pity for the poor asshole would be the most appropriate of feelings.

    By Blogger Filthy, at 9/16/2006 8:16 PM  

  • That's so true. I always stumble upon dirt on people using a combination of the sites you mentioned above. I mean, if you put two and two together, you might come up with four.. inches:

    http://www.gawker.com/news/perez-hilton/the-secret-life-of-perez-hilton-161328.php

    http://fadedyouth.blogspot.com/2006/06/perez-hilton-exposed.html

    Scary.

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 9/17/2006 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home