.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Friday, September 29, 2006

Gurl, You Know What I'm Sayin'?

I love coming across random sources of information that help me navigate the ever evolving world that is verbal slang. In addition to the Urban Dictionary, which keeps me up to date on my ebonics lessons, I've now found the Gay Slang Dictionary, which surely will serve in keeping me up to date on my mo'bonics lessons.

It's actually interesting to understand the etymology of slang words. From my cursory overview of the site, it seems like a lot of slang is derived from pursecutory means. Case in point, the term 175 (which I've never heard of before in my life) is derived from the branding of homosexuals in Nazi Concentration Camps. Whereas others are derived from the shape of the character, 39 being a term for rimming because it looks like a face in an ass-crack. Again, I've never heard of this term, but whatever. Obviously, though, I've heard of 69 :)

Slang is interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home