.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lemonade Out of Lemons

My night didn't really go as planned. I thought I was going out with one friend and doing a certain set of things, but I ended up rejigging the whole night with a whole new cast. It actually worked out pretty well. I had a really good time!

I ditched out on the Manuel show this afternoon on account of the shitty weather. I can't stand the rain! I made it to Jay McCarroll's show, though. It was very retro. He's bringing yellow back. It was a fun show.

The tents are like a little high school. You always bump into someone you know while walking the hallways. It's kinda cute in that sense. After my friend and I were pseudo hit on by this ambiguously gay model, the tents got even more interesting. His friend was this "voluptuous" (read: fat) indian chick who was something of a fag hag who just didn't know her place. She shook my hand and then held it out for me to kiss. Ok, I don't kiss peoples' hands. I'm sorry. Ok, rather, I don't kiss girls' hands. She was insistent, though. I told her I had herpes. STILL, she held it out there. Finally, I was just like "honey, you're beating a dead horse. Move past it." I was not amused. Eventually we left the tents. I hate fag hags.

Somehow we walked the whole five avenues over to Pacha for Out Magazine's OutLounge party. Again, I was not amused. I really don't like the space there. The music was too loud and it was too dark. I tried to make the best of it, but it just wasn't happening. I guess this is the part with all the lemons.

Here comes the lemonade. I hauled ass out of Pacha and down to Duvet for the House de Lux show. Much to my delight, I bumped into some of the kids from the House of Ninja. Finally, people I actually want to see!! That was actually a good time, since there were a shitload of them at the show, waiting to watch their 'siblings' vogue. I love them; they have such a great spirit and excitement to them. Plus they're fun as SHIT to watch dance. I also met some more people in the House of Xtravaganza. They were super nice and fun, too.

So yeah, it was a good night, despite being one that didn't really go the way I thought it would. It was a more inspirational night rather than the lascivious one I thought it would be. Life's funny like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home