.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Refreshing Perspectives

Despite the fact that some of my friends cause me endless drama, I enjoy being around the people with whom I choose to surround myself.

I caught up with a woman, who's also on the same non-profit board of directors as me, yesterday who I hadn't seen in almost a year. The last time I saw her she was going through it. She was moving, switching jobs, became unexpectedly pregnant, and was having health issues as a result. Basically everything was up in the air and she was a frazzled mess.

But last night I saw her and she looked great. Everything about her was better. Her life had drastically improved, thankfully. She ultimately moved to New Jersey with her fiance and had a now healthy son, who was born two months early. Her new company has been extremely (and surprisingly) accommodating. She's fallen in love with her fiance all over again; the result of loving her son -- a tiny version of her fiance. More importantly, she's learned to let things go and not sweat the small shit. She used to be a control freak and now she takes a laid-back approach to things.

It was really beneficial to hear her story and transition. One day I hope to not be a control freak. That day probably won't be anytime soon, but I can always learn from what others have done and endeavor to emulate their behaviors and cognitions.

The most important thing, though, is that she is very happy with her life and who she's become. It took a year of hell to give her that perspective, but at least now she has it. Everything worked out.

1 Comments:

  • If you look for happiness around you, you'll search till you die - you have to look within if you want any chance of finding it.

    It’s sappy, sugary and true.

    By Blogger Filthy, at 9/20/2006 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home