.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Monday, September 11, 2006

Yay Fashion Week!

Hooray, it's Fashion Week! Well, ok, the week started on Friday, but still... I forgot how much fun it is to go to shows. Even if they kinda suck, they're still fun to go to, just because it's such a unique experience. Of course, now I'm hyper critical of how all the models walk. The show I went to tonight was fraught with models who couldn't really walk for shit. It was all these waify white chicks. They were like zombies! The only models I liked were the waify black chicks. They were workin' it.

The other fun thing about runway shows is the people you get to bump into. I ended up sitting right behind Nole Marin's mother. It was a nice surprise since I'd met her at a party last year. It was a party chock full of models hovering around 6'3. She and I were the only short ones in the bunch, so we started chatting and dancing together. She's super cute!

Ok, another fun thing is waiting for a model to trip and/or fall. It's not really nice, but it's kinda funny. Well, at the very least it's interesting to see how they handle it. Sometimes they'll just laugh it off and keep going. In this case, she just yelled "FUCK" and continued down the runway. Haha.

I've got two shows tomorrow, so we'll see how they go. I'm addicted now!! I want more shows!!! And more gift bags!!!!

1 Comments:

  • Hardly a Fashion Week expert, but I enjoy when a model 'falls out' of her outfit. Hundreds of people staring and taking photos when one or two of the twins pop out for a guest appearance. It goes to show you how even models consider their bodies tools, not private, sacred things.

    By Blogger Filthy, at 9/13/2006 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home