.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Thursday, October 12, 2006

GymWit

I was at the gym yesterday (yeah, you heard me!) when they were reporting about the plane crashing into a building on the Upper East Side. Gym conversations are fun because you're having a personal conversation, yet pretty much everyone in the whole place can hear what you're saying because -- hello -- it's a fucking gym.

Friend: Can you believe the news about the plane crash?
Me: Yeah, I heard about it
Friend: That Yankee pitcher died
Me: As a gay man, I don't care much about sports, but I definitely mourn the loss of a good pitcher.
Friend: *silence*
Me: Ok, did you just miss that joke? Because that was a spur of the moment, customized quip. At least a 7 out of 10.
Friend: *silence*
Me: And honestly, I'm happy with anything that's a 7 or above. Am I right??
Friend: *smirk*
Me: Damn... tough crowd. Too soon??

And that, kids, is how I exercise ... other peoples' patience!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home