.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Don't Worry Be Happy

A Harvard psychologist conducted some research into 'Happiness' -- what makes people happy, how to be happy more often, etc. Based on his research, I don't really have much of a shot at happiness at the moment. Big fuckin' surprise! :)

According to a Pew Research Center survey, the happiest age group is men 65 and older; the least happy: men 18 to 29.

The survey also found:

  • Married people are happier than singles.
  • College grads are happier than those without a college degree.
  • People who were religious are happier than those who aren't.
  • Sunbelt residents are happier than other U.S. residents.
  • Republicans are happier than Democrats -- but both are happier than independents.

  • That's just swell. I'm an 18-29yo single male, not religious, I live in New York, and I'm definitely not a Republican. I should just give up!!

    Although, it did say that having kids actually has a slightly negative effect on your overall happiness. So yeah, score one for me!! I'm gonna have my tubes tied tomorrow. At least that will keep me happy for a bit. Everytime I hear a crying baby I can just think to myself -- thank god that's not my property!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home