.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Friday, November 10, 2006

Keepin' it Real

I feel like I've been having an allergic reaction to fake people lately. I don't know what it is, but being around all the publicists and 'scenesters' just makes me sick inside.

I was at a Gola event a couple evenings ago and bumped into this gal (too old to be a girl, not so old she's a "woman") who I hadn't seen in a while. She's an aspiring "it" girl, which I find to be a bit distasteful for someone who isn't under 25. To me, she's one of those tragic people who will always be searching for something, to become someone, and I don't think it will ever happen. Even if it does happen, she'll always want more and will never be satisfied.

After the Gola party, I was invited to a Project Runway party. As fun as that may sound, I was already home and just wasn't excited to go back out and be fake around complete strangers. I chose to stay home and watch Season 1 of Lost. I ended up talking to a boy I went on a date with a while back, which was nice. I caught up with some other friends and just generally had a chill night at home to myself. I think I made the right choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home