.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Thursday, January 11, 2007

"Look at Me!!"

Is it stunted growth or just innate behavior? I'll never understand some peoples' constant need for attention. What's worse, their need for any type of attention from anyone, no matter how un-[fill in the blank: appealing, attractive, worthy, etc.] the person is who's giving the attention.

MySpace seems to be an entire website devoted to attention-seekers. People collecting 'friends' whom they don't even know, leaving comments on others' profiles in the vain hope that someone will return the favor, posting bulletins simply to drive traffic to their own page. It's all a bit childish, I think.

It seems that faggots, in particular crave a lot of attention. Maybe it's because there's a preponderance of 'actors' who are gay -- actors always need to be the center of attention, hence their desire to be on stage or in front of the camera. The picture of the 'Look At Me' t-shirt was the brainchild (wow, now that's a stretch of a use of a word if ever there was one!) of Heatherette, a designing duo of faggots. The t-shirt was made famous because it was worn by Paris Hilton back in the day (if ever there was a perfect match of 'celebrity' and clothing...).

I suppose it's the same thing as blogging. I'm sure people reading this think me a hypocrite, but I don't 'blog' because I'm trying to be famous, I 'blog' because I'm too cheap to pay for a therapist :) BIG difference! Also, I think you pretty much need to be somewhere between chubby and fat to be a 'famous' blogger, 'famous' blogger, 'famous' blogger. Oops, did I stutter?

But I digress. My point is that if people put half as much effort into not being obnoxious as they do into trying to get attention from others, they'd probably end up getting the attention they desire.

2 Comments:

  • Some people just Want To Be Loved. It doesn't matter who's doing it or how weird/toxic/superficial/crazy/fake said "love" is, they just want it. To be psychologically reductive, it's all Mommy's (or Daddy's) fault for not hugging them enough. Or it's the fault of the kids at school who by turns ignored and bullied them. Or they're just narcissists. Whatever.

    Now, back to drumming up blog traffic for me. PLEASE LIKE ME!

    By Blogger Frank, at 1/11/2007 10:59 PM  

  • Haha, you've got way more people who read your blog than I do. It's basically me, you, and some African kid just hoping and praying to be adopted by Brangelina. Keep hope alive, little man!

    My next posting is going to be about an equally interesting topic. Hopefully you can provide some input :) But right now it's coming up on 4am and I'm effing twisted!! So it's off to bed for me :)

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 1/12/2007 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home