.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bro Rape

I found this video on some blog or something. I don't get it. It kinda makes no sense to me. Maybe I don't get the humor because I'm not straight. But what the fuck is "Bro Rape?" Check it out:



If you think it's funny, leave a comment and explain why. Apparently I missed a joke somewhere along the way. I don't think they clearly define what a "bro" is -- well, maybe they do, but I wouldn't call that person a "Bro", I'd call him a "tard" or "pothead" instead.

Is there some sort of "bro rape" epidemic going on that I don't know about whereby all of a sudden some "dudes" are playing xBox and they just start fuckin' each other? Because if so, then I'ma go buy me an xBox!

2 Comments:

  • I can understand why you dont find it funny, as it all comes down to perspective. I assume that it's simply because you probably don't have much experience with people in he subculture of the stereotypical 'straight college guy'. You know the guy I'm talking about, he wears hemp neckalaces, wears college hoodies with either cargo shorts, sweats, or jeans absolutely everywhere he goes. He constantly calls everyone 'Bro' or 'Dude', and is stoned out of his mind half the time. I did find it slightly amusing, simply because I knew so many of these guys in college. I am straight, btw, but I can absolutely appreciate your view and I don't believe in discrimination to ANY person. We are all human and we all have different perspectives, that will never change. I just thought I would chime in to maybe help explain why someone might find that video funny. IMHO any comedy that isn't explicitly targeted to hurt someone is a good thing, as long as it makes someone laugh. Someone, not everyone, as that would be impossible...Just my .02, Good Day :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2007 11:04 AM  

  • I pretty much get the whole "bro" thing. I went to school in the midwest -- everyone's a fuckin' idiot there, with Abercrombie plastered across every inch of their pale-ass body. I just didn't get the random "rape" thing. Maybe it's just because I didn't realize there was supposed to be some random homosexual undertone to their "brotherly" interactions. If this were blatantly about frat boys taking it up the ass after two sips of beer, then that would at least make sense to me. I just didn't realize the frizbee-throwers were fuckin' each other, too.

    Maybe I'm just suddenly devoid of a sense of humor?

    Thanks for your 2-cents, though!

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 3/29/2007 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home