.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Friday, May 25, 2007

Retro or Retarded?

I have a tendency to revisit old music when I get bored of and/or annoyed with current music. Lately I've been slightly obsessed with the band Better Than Ezra. It sounds kinda lame, but seriously, Better Than Ezra had good songs. Sorry!

Unfortunately, I mentioned this to the good people at SPIN Magazine and they must have thought I was a complete dork. Their (very kind) reaction was to send me some CDs to update my iTunes, stat! Thanks, SPIN!!

But I swear there's some sort of mid-90s resurgence going on! I heard their song, "Desperately Wanting" on the radio when I was in DC. Then I heard it again the other night as I was walking down 9th Ave. Some guitarist guy in a bar was playing/singing the song. It's crazy!!!

Has anyone else heard of Better Than Ezra? Heard of them? I'm totally going to one of their concerts -- well, whenever they're in close proximity to NYC.

2 Comments:

  • funny & cute post; I'm listening to music thats way better than ezra, whiny music is so 90s!

    By Blogger M, at 6/06/2007 7:27 PM  

  • I always have and always will love 90's music! We're finally reaching the point where I think we will start seeing a lot more 90's parties popping up like there have been 80's parties over the past decade. (I was in a 90's show last month actually, haha).

    By Blogger Artemis Chase, at 6/12/2007 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home