.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Toys for Tots

The annual Toys for Tots event is happening this evening at the Metropolitan Pavillion. I've actually never been, even though I've had the intention of going. I think it always has something to do with it being on a Sunday and I have to bring a toy -- it's just an extra step along the way and I'm pretty lazy. But apparently it's this big gay "to do" and this year's event sold out at a capacity of 2,000 people.

It's funny, though, because I didn't realize that Toys for Tots is a program of the US Marine Corps. Am I the only one who finds that a bit funny? I guess it's all about the kids and whatnot, but it's still a bit odd that the Marines are more than happy to take our money and donations, but they just won't let us join up. Granted, I don't give a shit because the last thing I want to do is be in the Army (ok, Marines... there's a difference, I'm told), but it's still a bit odd.

It's really not that big of a deal, but I'm just sayin'...

2 Comments:

  • something tells me you would sleep with a Marine

    i'm just sayin'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/03/2007 1:21 PM  

  • I would sleep with a Marine :) I'd sleep with the whole mess of them!

    And apparently I was mistaken. The gay "Toys for Tots" event is a misnomer. It's not the Marine event, it's just another event that provides toys to tots. Fuckin' SCAM!

    By Blogger gothamwhore, at 12/05/2007 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home