.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

gothamwhore

Sunday, January 13, 2008

xoxo, Gossip Girl

Ok, I have to admit it; I'm addicted to Gossip Girl. Yes, I'm half a year behind, but that's just how I am. I like to stay behind the trends. Why be a leader when it's so much less effort to follow.

At first I thought Gossip Girl was just a horrible depiction of what non-New Yorkers think Upper East Side society is like. I still think that, but like any soap opera, I've learned to love it and now I'm totally sucked in!

The funny thing is that Blaire (sorry if I spell any names wrong -- I'm addicted, not obsessed!) is made out to be the bad guy when really it's the main character, Serena, who slept with her best friend's (Blaire) boyfriend. So if anything, Blaire has a right to be mad at Serena. Lord knows I'd be seething with anger.

Ok, let's call it for what it is -- I like the show because there are a bunch of cute boys running around. There, I admitted it. The girls add some interesting drama, but I'm really in it for the boys.

But now I find myself addicted to this piece of trash, wondering if there's a 12-step program for people like me. Maybe such a program would simply involve growing up and getting a life.

For now, I'm enjoying it. It's filling that empty void in my life. The one that exists between 9 and 10pm on whatever day the show comes on. Ahhh television!

1 Comments:

  • A 12 step program is a bad idea. It would mean you'd have to stop watching!

    xoxo
    Popsquire
    www.popsquire.com

    By Anonymous Popsquire, at 1/14/2008 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home